Monday, April 2, 2012

The Fifth and Sixth Sense

Having more mental control of my “five senses” helped me access my tool of vision. Soon, I had a better understanding of an infinite amount of senses (“the sixth sense”) that gave me a clearer mental dialogue. I’d experienced this mental dialogue before. I’ve called it “intuition,” “that little voice,” “my gut is telling me,” or “in my heart.” Now, I just group this infinite amount of senses together and call them my “sixth sense.” However we choose to name this “sixth sense,” it is now being heard at a louder volume and with clearer articulation. Without this increased volume, I would not have the strength or confidence to make important decisions for myself or be able to help others.
I feel my sixth sense is constantly challenged, such as when I walk through the doors of the Montefiore Children’s Hospital where I volunteer. When I enter the adolescent dialysis unit with the seven recliner chairs, I see children who are having their blood cleansed by a machine for four hours. My “sixth sense” and “tool of vision” has to be in tip-top shape. My own scenario of suffering has to be set aside to focus on who is in need outside of me. Sure, logical questions arise in my mind. “Who did I work with last week?” “Who has recently been admitted?” “Who is asking for me today?” Sometimes, it’s “Who might not be alive next week?” Ultimately, my direction comes down to my sixth sense. So, I go ahead and grab some paint or a pen and just follow the directions of my spirit. When that direction says, “Move to another kid,” I follow. When that direction says, “Do not enter the unit and talk to the parents in the waiting room,” I follow. When that direction says, “Play a game” or “Just be still and pray,” I follow. When that direction says, “Leave,” I follow. Just in that one room, there are thousands of directions in which I can travel. When I exit that room and enter the next one, whether it is the street, the job site, or my home, the task is the same. Each day, I strive to stay in touch with my sixth sense and follow it with no hesitation in whichever direction it may lead me.
Many times, when I exit the dialysis unit and walk down the halls of the hospital, I often encounter a loving exchange of energy with people who do not have full use of their “five senses” or who have limited use of motor skills. Each encounter makes me realize that the use of all five senses is not always a priority to access one’s sixth sense. In fact, many times the path to accessing an infinite amount of senses is actually closer if you have a limitation or disability of your five senses. As I reflect on the large amounts of people with disabilities in their five main senses, I notice the extra powers of love they have acquired and are able to give. This evidence is one of the most clear and basic examples of the tool of vision in relationship to one’s sixth sense.

Your sixth sense is so powerful that it can keep everything in balance. To better understand its power, I visualize a two-sided scale. One side consists of our five senses, and the other side contains the power of our sixth sense. The power of your sixth sense can sit alone on one side, while the other side is heavily weighted with your five senses. Still, the scale is perfectly balanced. Truly being in touch with all our senses can help to cultivate hope, faith, and courage, and this is what we will need when trying to achieve balance. These are usually starting points towards our choice of action and choosing to change the way we use the most powerful tool ever created, the “tool of vision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment