Monday, April 2, 2012

The Tool of Vision

Thus far, each of the “degrees of living” that I worked towards tested my honesty, decision-making, and my ability to change. These little confrontations seem to be similar to the occurrences of others, yet many feel they have failed, while others feel they have passed with flying colors. Some people in my life have been the teachers, and many have been fellow students. Regardless of who was taking the tests, one common denominator has always seemed to surface. Most of this lies in our ability to see (S.E.E.). Our vision is the most powerful tool we can utilize to learn from all of life’s little tests and confrontations.
I often ask myself, “How should I handle these little tests? (A) Grade or judge them and say I passed or I failed, or (B) Share what I have learned in hopes of making the next test easier to take. I think I will choose “B” and do my best to share my approaches toward using our “tool of vision.”
I am not sure of the exact situation, but I started to look at vision like a tool. I saw this “tool of vision” to be no different than any other tool that makes our lives easier and more efficient. The better shape this tool is in, the more enhanced our ability to see is (S.E.E.). Some seem to be masters with it, while others need to repair, sharpen, and clean their tools to ensure that they are in proper working order.

No comments:

Post a Comment