Monday, April 2, 2012

The Track of Our Spirit

I underwent radiation treatment to my brain and my entire spine. This lasted for five days a week for six weeks (31 treatments total). I got through it, but what a toll it took on my mind and body. As I’ve battled through the many challenges over the past six months, I keep hearing conversations similar to this one:
My BODY bickers: “Boy, what are you doing to me? More toxicity? I can’t take it today.”
My MIND makes matters worse: “What are you going to do when we both lay here still?”
My SPIRIT stops the stress: “Each of you may be still on any day, but know that I’m strong, and I will live on beyond these times of tension because I’m the “track” or trail that each of you travel on until it’s time to get off. I, the spirit, will stay steady until my next day or destination.”
Having a healthy mind involves a quest for truth. But we will never be able to recognize the truth in others if we are not honest with ourselves. So if we strive for an honest understanding of the energy we choose to give our minds, we will be more capable of realizing what our bodies need. At times, it may seem like our mind and body are moving forward, side by side, on a track. Sometimes, one might be ahead of the other. Yet, beneath all this movement is the “track” itself.
The “track” is our spirit. The more we feel our minds and bodies making strides, the more comfortable these movements will be with a healthy spirit. If this is so, we will feel confident on this track. We will accept and understand that we are not alone. We will respect and be prepared for the turns this track may take. Through our experiences, we will feel that this “spiritual track” is strong enough to support us, no matter at what pace we are moving forward. The most amazing part is there is no finish line. Any goal we want to reach lies in the truth and essence of our own character.

No comments:

Post a Comment